Ha ha ha it's funny Beck, "Jake must match". We all have that analness about us, where'd it come from? I think mine reached the manic state through the military as my hangers in the closet all must "match" and be equal distance apart til this day. My shoes are always shined and I try to present myself in the best light. I guess Ma always instilled that upon us?? Me and blue cords ha ha ha. Thanks Beck, our pursuit to "match" was a topic of conversation this evening....
Tonight I attended a book release called Play: how it shapes our brain... It was awesome! The book was written by Dr. Stuart Brown and the seminar gave a breif synopsis through question and answer of his studies which contributed to his writting. The main theme centered around why we as adults fail to play and fail to tap into our inner child so to speak. I challenged that it is society that down plays our "playfullness" as adults. He very much agreed with my point and second my notions. When you think about it, the industrial revolution and the great depression taught our grandparents to work to PROVIDE which was then passed onto our parents. Play simply wasn't something we could afford to do. This mentality was further supported by our educational system with all of its rules and standards. "Learn this way, frivilous activity is for not" and creativity was squashed! Playing as adults was lost along the way...... Give it a moments attention, do you play!?!?
I could continue on this subject for hours...but I want to challenge everyone, do you really take time to play and have a free spirit????
1 comment:
No, I do not take enough time to play...well, sometimes but generally speaking neither Jake nor I take enough time to play...unless cleaning can be considered "play" time!! HAHA!!
Post a Comment