My building has quickly become the center of entertainment and a highly desirable location! Amazing how quickly a neighborhood can be transformed and take on a completely new identity.
Last evening Bert and I had dinner across the street at the Dinnette, a french inspired small restaurant that served amazing food! Literally I have been here two and a half years and never stepped foot in the door. Not sure what promted the visit but we were completely blown away. They have this toast which arrives in several forms. We choose the gorganzola and vinagrette toast as well as the aolia and potatoe toast. I honestly have no clue what it was but it was to die for, amazing. We then followed it with a spring salad which rocked. Finally the main dished consisted of a clam and pork mixture with a bebee style pasta. Sounds awful but serioulsy it was uber delicious! Of course it was paired flawlessly with a french wine. Needless to say it all melted in our mouths and the flavors left us speechless. Unreal! At one point I felt as though we were in France.
Tonight Phil the other neighbors, Don and Danna and I went to the NEW speak easy (again across the steet) which was very eclectic. Literally there was a guy at the door who made it feel like the prohibition times when entry was just the other side of illegal. We had a few cocktails which were delicious! Very cool!
When you add Clever Dunnes (Seattles premeire Irsih Pub) into the mix, AGAIN across the street we are in the hub of key establishments of Seattles finest. Our neighborhood rocks! We all dream of buying our building and gutting it to fit our needs and design tastes.
Life is funny...I spent the fist few years hell bent on forming freindships in the Microsft crowd. They were cool and it seemed like they were the ones to know. NOW I have the most rewarding frienships right here in my building and the Microsoft crowd has faded away, proven to be anything but fruitless.
As it turns out the building I have come to love was once a hospital for children with cancer...UNDOUBTEDLY haunted to boot!
Yes I know I need a camera to show all of this. Pictures to come soon.. I can't wait for Mom and Dad to see this world I now call home..I wish you all could come!
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment