Monday, September 8, 2008

Updates...

Well, I don't have any exciting pictures to post tonight, just a few things that have been going on around the Barney house...Lucas finished off a great first week of school last Friday!! He absolutely LOVES school! That makes Jake and I so happy...Lucas was up AND dressed by 6:15 Friday morning asking when we were leaving for school...I was just stepping out of the shower and I thought I heard pitter patter of little feet in the kitchen...sure enough...it was Lucas...all ready to go...Friday was an incredibly HOT day, in the 90's, here so we decided it would be a nice treat and special way for Lucas to end his week by grabbing some ice cream at Ben and Jilly's...it is such a cute place and it was so nice to think summer was still hanging on for a little while longer...then Saturday I went and signed Lucas up for Hip Hop class...yes, that's right...and yes, Jake is sort of okay with the idea...he is not the only boy, actually a mom in his class mentioned it to me and I thought Lucas would love it...so we went down to the dance studio and signed him up...his first class is tomorrow, I will for sure have pics...I think it is true what they say that you live through your children...deep down, Jake and I both would love to take a Hip Hop class...dancing is in Luke's blood after all...and it was either that or Irish Dancing!! Saturday ended with Lucas spiking a fever of 103...but when we woke up Sunday it was over...thankfully...Naunie and Papa stopped for a visit when they got home Sunday from Philadelphia and it was nice to see them...then it was Monday and I was wondering if Lucas would still have the same enthusiamsim for school...oh he did....but he didn't come down until about 7....dressed and ready to go...he even walked down the hall all by himself...boy, I didn't cry his first day, but I sure could have today...I watched him all the way until he turned to go into his classroom and it was awesome...I was so happy to see how independent he was...and he didn't look back at all...he was too busy watching what all the other kids walking down the hall were doing...too cute...even his prinicipal came over to me and said, "Wow, he did great!" "Yeah..." I said with a lump in my throat...then I had to turn and leave...it was a good lump though...oh how I hate to see him grow...but at the same time, love it...well...best of all, Lucas has a new love for our nighttime routine which includes bed at 8:15ish after mom and dad read him a book and tuck him in...Jake and I have a new appreciation for our quiet time after he is asleep...well, goodnight for today...check back for pictures of Hip Hop class later in the week!!

No comments: