Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Harvesting...

Then with a little water, some sun,and lots of care came these...

First there were only seeds....


It is harvesting season here in Northern New York and I was so impressed, if I may say so, at the vegetables I grew this year! This was my first attempt at gardening so I was not sure what to expect but let me tell you we have zucchini, spagetti squash, and green beans coming out our ears!! I love it!! I feel so domesticated now!! I made my own strawberry jam, grew my own vegetables...oh I just love it so much!! Okay, I am done gloating now...here is Lucas picking my green beans for me...he is a wonderful bean picker!! As much as I love to grow them, I do not like crawling under the leaves to look for beans...you never know what you might find...but I don't tell him that!! I have not yet picked any spagetti squash since they need a little more time to rippen...I will post some when they are done!! Can't wait for next year...I am going to grow even more!!
P.S. I cannot take all the credit...thanks Mom for all your help...

No comments: