My neighbor Phil and I celebrated his 29th birthday tonight with a few drinks at the Polar Bear Room. It's a very classy hotel from the first days of Seattle. I beleive it dates back to the early 1900s. Very cool and posh with high ceilings and crystal chandeliers. On the outside there are walrus heads which surround the building with real ivory walrus tusks. Pretty cool!
So my neighbor Phil is a funny guy and we have grown into good freinds, although as men we won't openly admit that ha ha. He was in the Navy and lived in Italy for many years, a result he developed an odd sophistication about him. He always has the best wine and cheese in his apartment. In fact he brought his own bottle of wine to drink this evening. That's Phil. Although fear not, we have shared many PBR 40s.
I first met Phil in my building as we moved in on the same day. We exchanged pleasentries and ran into one another from time to time. Later we found out the landlord actually made a mistake, I was supposed to get his place and he mine, I lucked out!
As fate would have it one sunny afternoon we both emerged from our apartments dressed to go for a bike ride. From there we shared many a laughs and spent most of the fall unemployed togehter. We would drown our sorrows splitting a 6 pack on our back loading dock watching people of all walks of life pass by.
My friend Phil....Cool guy!
1 comment:
Great post...Phil sounds like he is a cool guy...and especially because he likes good wine!! Although we wish you were much closer to home so we could hang out more, it is good to see that you have some pretty cool people out there in Seattle to hang with!!
Post a Comment