This summer has marked a few big milestones for Jake and I and I cannot help but take a few minutes to reflect on where we started and where we are now...first milestone was in July when Jake and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary!! Wow, what an amazing 5 years it has been...and like most couples who have come before, it sure had many ups and downs...the ups obviously outweighing the downs :)...it seems like just yesterday, yet so far away, if that makes any sense at all...then in August we celebrated our 1 year anniversary of our first home...which, for those who know us well, know what it is for us to have finally purchased our own house!! Deb and Don I'm sure would love to have us still living in their basement, haha...but we knew one day we would have to grow up and be big kids!! AND WE DID!! HOORAY!! This is the first picture and apparently only, that I have of our house taken the morning we closed on it...oh how it has changed...I will post a newer one soon...and lastly for milestones we will have Lucas starting Kindergarten at IHC next week...something neither Jake nor I could have predicted 6 years ago when we found out we were pregnant! Looking back so fondly over these past 5 years makes me so excited to see what the next 5, 10, 15, 20+ years will bring to our lives...we know one thing for sure...we wouldn't change one thing for what we have!! We love our life...we have great family...awesome friends...and one amazing story!! Thanks for all of those who have helped us to reach where we are today!! Here's to many more!!
No comments:
Post a Comment