Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lake Placid...

Deb and I decided to have a little Red Cat before heading to dinner Saturday night...we had just run around Mirror Lake and I forgot to have some water first, needless to say, the Red Cat went down rather quickly!!
The beds where awesome, fluffy down comforters and all... Another view at about 6 AM from our room...


This was straight down from our room...awesome little sitting area with great views...
We left the door open on the balcony at night and you could just hear the waterfall running...so relaxing... This was what we woke up to each morning... Downtown Lake Placid...
Lucas and Naunie at the hotel...our room was right behind them...
View from the balcony...
Our balcony...
We absolutely LOVE Lake Placid...it is such a quaint town with so much to do!! We try to go up at least once a year for a little R & R... We went up for Jake's bike race and decided to make a weekend of it!! We stayed at the Mirror Lake Inn this time...WOW...this place was amazing to say it simply...we will surely go back there and stay again!! The only problem was when we first got there and Jake went to bring his bike into the room, he was told he couldn't and that he would have to leave it in his car or locked outside to the bike rack!! I looked at him and thought, "Oh please don't say anything, I really want to stay here!" He didn't say a word to the guy, just simply walked back out to the car and locked it in there, but I knew he was heartbroken, Jake doesn't like to leave his bike just anywhere...here are some highlights from the weekend!!
P.S. Did I mention that they have some outlet stores right downtown??!! All the more reason I love Lake Placid...I could have spent hours down at the shops...

No comments: