Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Run 2008

After the race...









This might have been the best Turkey Run ever that I have been too!! It had snowed all yesterday, through the night, and continued all morning...needless to say, it was a winter wonderland outside!! Although snowy, it was not as cold as some years, the wind was almost non exsistant and the temp was about 33 degrees!! Lucas and I braved the storm, even though there was a no travel advisory in Jefferson County, to keep our tradition alive!! We had such a great time even though we were missing all of the other members of our family...it was the 25th Anniversary for the TurkeyRun and there were so many people there I could not believe it!! Hopefully next year we will have more running mates!! Lucas ran the 2 miles with his boots on and we finished in 30 minutes, which is pretty good for a kid his age, some adults were still out walking!! We did stop a few times to catch some snowflakes on our tongues though! Great time topped off with a Turkey dinner at my mom's...hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

No comments: