Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year....Getting Back Into This...

Okay, I will admit, I have not been very good at keeping up this blog the past few months...okay, pretty much since last April it looks like...but I am ready to mend my ways and start fresh. I cannot promise that it will be as often as I would like, but I promise to get some pictures up and keep everyone up to date with what's going on in our crazy lives. First let me say I don't know how people work full time, and raise more than 1 child, make time for friends and family, cleaning the house, getting groceries, helping with homework...and then throw in hockey and forget it! Since Lucas has started playing the the Watertown Rapids, it seems I have even less time for the "extra" things than before! But it is worth every jam packed minute!

Last year was really an incredible one here in the Barney house...but I have a feeling that this year is going to be even bigger and better...we are very much looking forward to watching Lucas grow in his hockey skills...he has quite a few hockey tournaments scheduled over the next few months so I will be sure to get some pics up to show just how much he has grown, both sad and wonderful at the same time :)

Jake has signed up for and started his training for the biggest race he will compete in to date...it's called the Tour Of Battenkill and it's scheduled for April 10th in Cambridge, NY. We are so very excited and cannot wait to see how he does. It is the largest race in North America. He is a little nervous, but he is ready to take on the challenge...I do have a little guilty side pleasure knowing that we will be staying in Saratoga the night before...and they have some incredible shopping and restaurants :)

Most of all we are just trying to squeeze in every moment we can as a family...as Lucas gets another year older it makes me realize just how much we need to eat up this time so that we don't sit back 20 years from now and say, "we should have done this..." or "we should have done that..." Our motto now is, "let's just do it!" You never know when you'll ever have another chance! Our wish for all of our friends and family is health and happiness for 2011! Cheers!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

was just looking at my old blog and came over to yours...i also havent been blogging...it was wonderful and i truely enjoyed doing it and reading yours! i also need to get back to it!