Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ski Lessons...Take One...Only One...

Well, we thought we would be fun parents and sign Lucas up for ski lessons...he hadn't asked to ski, but when we went up there to sign up he was excited about it...so we thought! He went for his first lesson, and just like with any other activity he has done, he was very, very hesitant...a few tears even, believe it or not! One of the instuctors was very kind and took Luke aside to give him the little push he needed to join the rest of the group...he stayed for the whole 2 hour lesson and told us afterwords how much fun he had, and how he liked it a lot and couldn't wait for ski lessons next week! (All this while eating the nachos I promised him if he finished the lesson!) Incentives I like to call it...Anyhow, the next Friday came and we didn't even make it out the door before the tears started rolling...his fear was enough to make him not want anything to do with ski lessons...much to Jake and I's chagrin...we did not take him up again. He said he wants to try again, but one on one lessons only...we'll see...maybe next year. I'm still a little upset about the $60 I'm out this year! Grrr...kids!

(And after telling him how much money we spent on the lessons and that it is wasted now, he said to us, "Maybe you should go up and ask them for your money back. That's what I would do!" Grrrr! I thought about making him go up to the counter and tell them he was too scared to finish the lessons and ask for his parents money back!)


No comments: