Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chocolate & Wine....mmmmm.....

Chocolate with Red Cat, thumbs up!!! Don'tcha just wanna eat one???

Our finished products...beautiful!! And so colorful!!
I did a little to much of this and not enough dipping I think!! They still turned out good!! Dip, twist, drizzle, dry....

Val with her little helper...good thing Val came over to help, because like she said, poor Lucas would not have got to touch anything...I have a thing with a lot of little fingers on things that other people are going to eat!!


My first products...

I told Lucas if he ate too many sprinkles, his teeth would look like this!! (Really they are just something that came with a Halloween costume!)

Tonight I had Val come over and help me make some delicious treats for Lucas' Valentine's party at school...a few weeks ago we where at a friends house for the Super Bowl and they had these yummy pretzels that were dipped in chocolate and rolled in sprinkles. I thought that they were store baught they looked so perfect, but when someone told me they made them, I thought "what a great idea for Lucas' valentine's party!" So I got all the chocolate and sprinkles and fun little bags and bows and thought I would give it a whirl...much to my suprise they turned out pretty good, at least they tasted delicious!! I have found a new love working with chocolate, I even said that night I might quit my job at the bank and become a chocolatier....move to Florida and work at Disney World in that awesome candy store on Main Street USA!!! Val told me to hold off on that idea for right now!! Haha!! We had a great time, as we always do, and with the help of a little Red Cat, we finished 45 pretzels in only 2 hours!! We had a lot of melted chocolate left over so I found some rice chex in the cubbard and poured the rest of the chocolate over it and mixed it up!! YUMMY!! The kids in Lucas' class loved them!! Hooray!! Can't wait for St. Patty's Day, green chocolate covered pretzels and guiness!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Wish I could have had one of those!!